Formed in 1997, the nonprofit and nonpartisan Sawtooth Society is the only organization dedicated exclusively to protecting, preserving and enhancing the Sawtooth National Recreation Area.
THE SAWTOOTH NATIONAL RECREATION AREA (SNRA)
Comprises 756,000 acres of public and private land in Central Idaho and is used by outdoor enthusiasts and visitors annually who enjoy:
- Fishing in three major rivers and hundreds of lakes and creeks.
- Hiking on the hundreds of miles of trails viewing over 50 snow capped peaks above 10,000’ and countless lush meadows.
- Mountain Biking on designated trails and gravel roads
- Skateskiing / snowshoeing on scenic trails
- Snowmobiling on groomed trails.
- Viewing and photographing the vast array of wildlife.
- River Rafting on world-class rivers.
- Camping in the many improved and designated camping areas.
- Enjoying the many historic reminders of our pioneer heritage.
WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT THE NATIONAL MONUMENT PROCLAMATION?
STAY ON TOP OF WHAT’S HAPPENING. HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL FIND ON OUR
NATIONAL MONUMENT PAGE:
Visit our National Monument Page Here
- Background summary – build a broader
awareness of the effort underway.
- Process overview – what a Presidential Proclamation can and cannot do.
- Latest developments
- Likely next steps
- How can you engage?
- Our survey
Calendar of Events
YOU’RE INVITED TO THE 2014 SAGEBRUSH SOIREE
Reserve your tickets now!
JOIN US FOR OUR UPCOMING SPECIAL EVENTS - Learn more.
Sign up today for a Austin Kraal Memorial Volunteer project!
BUY YOUR GOAT PLATE AND SUPPORT THE